Frequently Asked Questions
First, check your spam folder. If you see that the WBAI emails are going to the spam folder, make sure to change the appropriate settings in your email program to ensure that email@example.com is approved. Second, check with your IT administrator to ensure that WBAI emails are not getting blocked by your employer before going to your spam folder.
Membership dues are paid annually. Payment of dues during a given bar year provides membership through June 30 of the bar year. The bar year runs from July 1 through June 30.
Members who join from Jan 1 – April 30 of a given year, will receive a 50% discount on their membership dues for the remainder of that Bar year.
Members who join May 1 of a given year will be charged the full price, which will cover the full next year’s dues.
Anyone can join—lawyers, law students, judges, professors, men and women, to name a few—and you don’t have to live or practice law in Chicago. Our members are located all over the state of Illinois.
For most memberships, you just have to be an Illinois licensed attorney. However, law students and recent graduates can also join.
To join now, visit our Membership page to sign up online, or contact WBAI at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312)341-8530.
There are so many reasons to join, as membership offers countless benefits, including:
- Membership Directory: Looking for a mentor, a colleague, a law school classmate, a referral, or an answer to a question? Look no further than our comprehensive Membership Directory for the names, contact information, practice areas, employers and other affiliations of our active members.
- Website Access: Access to secured portions of the WBAI website, including job postings, the membership directory, newsletters, message boards, and more!
- Events: The WBAI hosts a wide variety of key events for professionals in the legal community, including our Annual Installation Dinner, Judicial Reception, Top Women Lawyers in Leadership Award Reception and Golf Outing, to name a few. To learn more about our upcoming events, check out our Events Page and Calendar.
- CLE: The WBAI offers free CLE to members through attendance at a multitude of programs throughout the year, including its Women in Law Symposium. For more information, check out our CLE offerings.
- Giving Back: Through partnerships with local charities and non-profits, the WBAI gives back to those in need in many ways. For more information about giving back, as well as such initiatives as Dress For Success check out our Community Outreach committee and learn what they’re up to and how you can get involved.
- Newsletter: The WBAI publishes a tri-annual newsletter which not only covers recent events and noteworthy happenings involving our members, but also offers members an opportunity to publish their written work. For more information about our newsletter, publishing your piece, and for archives of past issues, check out our Newsletter page.
- Mentoring: The WBAI facilitates both formal and informal mentoring. For more information about our formal mentoring program and CLE available for participation, check out our Mentoring Program.
- Make friends and have fun: We are proud to say that we consistently receive feedback from our members and event attendees about how great it was attend an event and catch up with old friends. Check out our Photo Gallery—just look at those smiles! You can’t deny everyone had a good time.
…and many, many more benefits. Don’t believe us? See what our members themselves are saying by checking out Member Testimonials.