Recently, the Illinois Senate approved the ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The Illinois House Human Service Committee is holding a SECOND hearing on the ratification bill, SJRCA 4, on May 16th, 2018, at 8:00am at the Capitol Building Room 114, Springfield.
We encourage our members to complete witness slips in support of SJRCA4 and to call their local representatives. Your witness slip must be filed prior to Wednesday, May 16 @ 8 AM. If you already filled out a witness slip for the May 7th hearing, this is a NEW witness slip for the second hearing.
Here are some tips for filling out your witness slip:
* I. Identification – Enter your name/address/email/phone
– For Firm/Business Or Agency – You can enter “self”
– For Title – You can enter “NA”
* II. Representation – You can enter “self”
* III. Position – For subject matter, select “Original Bill”
– Choose “Proponent” because you support the ERA
* IV. Testimony – Select “Record of Appearance Only” since you are not testifying or filing a separate statement
* Check “I Agree to the ILGA Terms of Agreement”
* Click “Create(Slip)”
Then you will get an email and can click out as finished.