Professional Services Firm
ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. Our most valuable asset is our people—a fact that’s reflected in our values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and beyond.
Legal supports ZS’s entry into contractual agreements, ensures compliance with client services agreements and supports vendor and employment contracts.
As we continue to grow our firm, we are currently looking for a Associate Legal Counsel to join our office in Evanston, IL. Our legal team reviews contracts, advises the firm on matters of legal consequence, and proactively assesses and manages the firm’s risk exposure. The legal team is responsible for staying abreast of legal developments impacting the firm on a global basis and then advising the firm based on the changing legal landscape.
- Prepare review, revise and negotiate legal documents to ensure the firm’s obligations are compatible with management’s philosophy
- Respond to issues as they arise in diverse matters affecting day-to-day business operations by assisting, advising, investigating, researching and resolving legal matters
- Protect the firm in all business relationships
- Ensure the firm’s compliance with legal policies, state and federal laws, and regulations
- Identify potential legal issues related to proposed transactions
- Participate in structuring and negotiating transactions and set procedures to reduce risk
- JD degree with strong academic background required
1-2 years of relevant work experience, IL attorney license (or registered in-house counsel in IL)
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Motivation, personal initiative and strong team/interpersonal skills
- Strong analytic skills and problem solving ability
- Proven attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexibility to facilitate meeting with internal and external contacts globally
- Experience negotiating agreements
- Ability to manage and complete long-term projects independently
Additionally, expertise in any of the following is particularly valuable:
- Service provider contract transactional experience
Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and applicable regulatory framework
ZS is a global consulting firm. Fluency in English is required; additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and retirement savings benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.zs.com.