Website Traub Lieberman
Insurance law firm
Traub Lieberman Straus & Shrewsberry, LLP is seeking a part-time 3L law clerk to work in its Chicago office’s insurance coverage practice during the spring semester.
Insurance is at play in nearly all civil litigation. Insurance coverage attorneys interpret insurance contracts, research topics under the laws of multiple jurisdictions, and litigate complex legal issues in venues across the country. The law clerk will perform legal work under attorney supervision and receive regular instruction from Traub Lieberman attorneys in substantive insurance law. Areas of focus will include:
▪ Who qualifies as an insured under liability insurance policies
▪ Whether insurance companies have an obligation to provide a legal defense to their insureds in underlying claims made against those insureds
▪ Whether insurance companies have an obligation to pay judgments and/or settlements enter in underlying claims against their insureds
▪ Priority of coverage among multiple insurers (i.e. which insurer pays first when the same person/entity is insured by multiple insurers for the same loss)
▪ The limits of liability applicable to a given loss under a given policy
A law clerk who excels may be considered to join the firm as a full-time associate upon admission to the Illinois Bar. This is a unique opportunity for students who demonstrate strong legal research, analysis, and writing ability, as well as an interest in contract disputes involving insurance policies. Interested candidates should send a resume, transcript, and writing sample (<15 pages, please) to Christina Dwan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com