What We’ll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
Protecting the health and wellness of our associates and candidates considering a career at TransUnion is our highest priority. In supporting this vision, our recruitment and new hire experience for this role is fully virtual for the time being. Candidates interviewing will get to know our team over the phone and video, and this role will operate virtually upon hire until we return to the office. Even though we’re not physically together right now, our goal is to provide you a supportive candidate and new hire experience that will immerse you in our culture and set you up for success at TransUnion.
What You’ll Bring:
· Juris Doctorate (JD) degree with 3 to 5+ years of experience as an attorney interpreting, negotiating, and drafting complex contracts and related documents
· Strong work ethic with the demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands and accomplish assignments in a timely and independent manner
· Highly responsive, excellent interpersonal skills, high emotional intelligence (EQ), and service-oriented attitude
· An interest in emerging technologies, a desire to solve complex problems and a curiosity to explore new ideas
· The ability to build relationships with peers and leadership on all levels of the organization through excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
· Outstanding organizational, analytical, and critical-thinking skills
We’d Love to See:
· Experience supporting a commercial sales team, working with big data and software solutions
· Knowledge and understanding of: U.S. privacy law, FCRA, GLBA, CCPA, HIPAA, intellectual property licensing, and technology.
· Experience working with clients operating in regulated industries such as healthcare or financial services
· A background in the health industry and/or in-house counsel experience is preferred.
Impact You’ll Make:
· Primary responsibility for reviewing, negotiating, and drafting complex commercial agreements including key customer and vendor contracts, Business Associate Agreements and Non-Disclosure Agreements
· Become a trusted counselor to the healthcare business unit for contract and regulatory issues
· Work collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams including sales/business development, compliance, information security, information technology, operations, and product development.
· Support business unit with legal research and analysis, including changes in the law, including HIPAA, FCRA, GLBA, data privacy laws, and other legal issues that may involve the company’s short or long-term strategic operations.
· Conduct legal research and assess applicability of new and existing laws and regulations to existing and new healthcare products
· Successful candidates must be fast learning team players willing to work within a hard-working but relaxed and sociable team of attorneys, information security, and compliance professionals dedicated to the healthcare business vertical.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit transunion.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.