Lawyer Referral Service Interviewer
(Full-time, 40 hours/week)
Lawyer Referral Service (LRS)
One to two years college, B.A. preferred; some training in, or knowledge of, the legal field
6 months to two years; experience working with the public or in a call center environment helpful
Bi-lingual (fluent in Spanish and English) preferred; Excellent customer service and communication skills; Mathematical ability and strong attention to detail; Ability to make independent judgments and represent the Association in a professional manner. Maturity, diplomacy and discretion. Excellent computer and typing skills.
Aid the public in obtaining appropriate referral for legal assistance and assist with various tasks related to the referral service and public outreach.
LRS Call Center Duties
· Answer and screen incoming calls, in both the Spanish and English call queues, to determine the nature of each caller’s legal issue
· Make referrals to appropriate participating attorneys or other outside legal resources
· Enter referral data and referral status changes into the referral platform on computer
· Assist in opening, processing and responding to incoming mail and/or emails, including processing referral fees and/or dues payments
· Call and/or prepare follow-up correspondence on attorney remittances and ensure attorneys are reporting properly and timely in the online system.
· Assist and answer questions from participating attorneys regarding their profiles and reporting on referred matters in the online system.
· Perform other duties as assigned by LRS Director, including but not limited to: processing attorney applications, scheduling attorneys for the Call-A-Lawyer Program, preparing the deposit, and backing up or assisting other LRS Interviewers or CBA staff as needed
**To apply for this position, submit resume and cover letter via email to: HR@chicagobar.org** By May 10, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com