Website State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
State Farm Mutual is offering an opportunity to join our Auto Claim Counseling Unit (ACC) within our Corporate Law Department located in Bloomington, IL. The primary focus of the Counsel position in this unit is to provide legal advice on issues associated with the creation, implementation and interpretation of auto insurance policies issued to our policyholders. We are a resource for our P&C Claims clients, providing legal services to them so that they may support their operation’s claim handling activities. We collaborate with others within the enterprise by providing legal advice to assist with drafting auto insurance policies, by explaining or by educating our internal clients about auto insurance policies, and by reviewing auto claims-related legislation as well as appellate briefs in insurance coverage-related litigation. In part the attorney selected will:
- Provide legal advice to appropriate representatives of the State Farm companies
- Provide legal services on behalf of the State Farm companies
- Analyze legal problems and interpret laws and regulations
- Possess knowledge of company structure and general departments
- Display advanced knowledge of legal principles and practices related to the subject matter of the attorney’s area of practice and/or leadership management skills
- Anticipate and respond effectively to clients’ needs and actively assist clients by practicing preventative law
- Demonstrate the ability to be creative in approaching legal matters
- Act as an established resource for the organization on complex issues
- Demonstrate an interest and acumen in drafting policy language, analyzing coverage, interpreting statutes and regulations governing insurance policies, analyzing issues related to medical management, medical privacy, and other claims related topics.
At State Farm, our mission is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams.
Please note the majority of State Farm employees are currently working in a virtual environment due to the pandemic. In July, State Farm is implementing a flexible work environment for most roles. The selected candidate should plan to spend time working in the office in Bloomington, IL and from home as part of a hybrid work arrangement Work arrangements could change over time based on business need.
- Must have a law degree from an ABA accredited law school and excellent academic credentials
- Must have active license to practice law in at least one state and be a member in good standing of the bar and the ability to gain admission by reciprocity as a Corporate Counsel in Illinois
- Commitment to providing high quality legal service advice, learning agility, and a history of enthusiastic participation in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Proactive mindset-the ability to anticipate and respond effectively to clients’ need and actively assists clients by practicing preventative law
- Strong analytical skills as well as the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and verbally with both internal business areas and outside counsel
- Ability to read, interpret, and advise on policy language, insurance code statutes, regulations, bulletins, and accompanying case law
- Ability to apply the law to claim facts and provide effective counsel that is meaningful to the P&C Claims business area
- Must have a record of professionalism, civility, and ethical behavior. Candidates are required to comply with all applicable law, regulations, and codes of conduct.
- Personal injury experience including jury trial experience is preferred but not required
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunity
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.