State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, a Fortune 50 company, is offering an opportunity to join its in-house Law Department as a Legislative/Regulatory Counsel. Our Law Department employees are challenged, guided, and empowered. As a community, we help one another grow professionally and personally. It’s part of who we are and have been since 1922. The position is located in Bloomington, IL, at State Farm’s corporate headquarters and is classified as a hybrid role, meaning that the work arrangement calls for hours in the office and virtually. Everyone in a hybrid role is required to spend time in the office. Work arrangements could change over time based on business needs.
The lawyer selected will be responsible for the legislative and regulatory activity that impacts State Farm in specific assigned states that are yet to be determined. The Bloomington, Illinois based position will involve periodic travel to assigned states as necessary to effectively represent State Farm’s interests. In part, the lawyer selected will:
• Review state legislative and regulatory proposals, work with internal business partners to understand their impact, convey State Farm’s position as appropriate, and assist with compliance activity that follows
• Build relationships with and utilize lobbyists, trade associations, and other external partners to appropriately shape the external environment
• Be proactive in identifying and acting upon emerging legislative and regulatory trends of importance to State Farm
• Represent State Farm before state regulators by weighing in on regulatory proposals, leading State Farm’s response to regulatory examinations, and assisting business partners with rate filings and complaints
• Work closely with State Farm’s Public Policy function, identifying and crafting public policy solutions to current and emerging issues impacting State Farm
• Partner with colleagues in the grassroots function in educating and engaging State Farm employees and agents on important business issues
• A law degree from an ABA accredited law school and excellent academic credentials
• Must have an active license to practice law in at least one state and be a member in good standing of the bar and the ability to gain admission by reciprocity as a Corporate Counsel in Illinois
• A proactive and preventative lawyering mindset
• Commitment to providing quality legal advice
• Learning agility, including a demonstrated willingness to develop expertise in new subject matter areas
• A history of enthusiastic participation in a team environment
• An ability to collaborate with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to deal with complex issues in a challenging environment
• Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunity
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.