Website State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Investment/Real Estate Finance Counsel
Number of Openings:1
Employment Type:Regular Full-Time
State Farm, a Fortune 50 company, is offering a Counsel opportunity within the Investments Unit of the Law Department, which is located in State Farm’s corporate headquarters in Bloomington, Illinois. Our Law Department employees are challenged, committed and empowered. At State Farm, we help one another grow professionally and personally. It is part of who we are and have been since 1922.
The Investments Unit counsels on transactional, regulatory, and compliance matters related to State Farm’s investment portfolios, which exceed $200 billion in assets. The Unit’s primary responsibilities include counseling State Farm on: (i) commercial mortgage loan transactions; (ii) investment real estate; (iii) private corporate debt and other fixed income investments; (iv) investments in private equity funds; (v) venture capital transactions; (vi) the formation and governance of affiliated entities; and (vii) laws and regulations impacting the investment activities of an insurer and its affiliates. In addition to these core areas, the role of the Investments Unit continues to evolve and expand as new legal issues arise in an ever-changing business environment.
Interested candidates should have experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Complex commercial mortgage loan transactions and construction loans.
• Purchases and sales of commercial real estate and real estate construction and development issues.
• Complex corporate finance transactions, including private corporate debt investments and other fixed income structures.
• Investments in private equity funds and venture capital transactions.
Candidates should also possess:
• An awareness of current economic trends impacting institutional investors.
• Demonstrated legal, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
• A strong work ethic and customer-service mentality.
• The ability to work in an environment that emphasizes information sharing, collaboration, teamwork, mutual respect and integrity.
• Law degree and excellent academic credentials from an ABA-accredited school required
• Must have active license to practice law in at least one state and a member in good standing of the bar
• Must be able to obtain a limited license if not already appropriately licensed in IL
• Other than as authorized by the General Counsel or his designee, employees are not permitted to handle any legal business outside of State Farm except authorized pro bono work
• Newly hired employees must cease all outside practice and all suit involvement before joining State Farm
• Travel may be required via commercial transportation or driving to job related activities
• May work irregular hours due to workload and nature of the work
• This is not a virtual position
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2Apply.net.