State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
State Farm Mutual is offering an opportunity to join our Corporate Counseling & Transaction Unit (CC&T) within our Corporate Law Department. The primary focus of the Counsel position in this unit is to advise on legal issues related to transactions for services and goods. A significant portion of CC&T’s work is focused on counseling our Purchasing Department and business areas on an array of vendor contracts addressing issues such as privacy, security, and ownership. In addition to assisting in contract negotiation, CC&T also acts in a counseling role, advising business areas on allocating business and legal risks associated with vendor relationships, and advising on corporate properties, Agency award travel, vendor risk management, and miscellaneous legal matters. In part the attorney selected will:
- Provide legal advice to appropriate representatives of the State Farm companies
- Provide legal services on behalf of the State Farm companies
- Analyze legal problems and interpret laws and regulations
- Possess knowledge of company structure and general departments
- Display advanced knowledge of legal principles and practices related to the subject matter of the attorney’s area of practice and/or leadership management skills
- Anticipate and respond effectively to client’s needs and actively assist clients by practicing preventative law
- Demonstrate the ability to be creative in approaching legal matters
- Act as an established resource for the organization on complex issues
At State Farm, our mission is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams.
- Must have a law degree from ABA accredited law school and excellent academic credentials
- Must have active license to practice law in at least one state and a member in good standing of the bar
- Attorney with 3-10 years of transactional experience, preferably with experience or acumen in the technology area .
- Commitment to providing quality legal advice, learning agility (including a demonstrated willingness to develop expertise in new subject matters), and a history of enthusiastic participation in a team environment.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating technology related agreements is preferred
- Knowledge of legal principles and practices related to the subject matter of the lawyer’s area of practice is expected
- Proactive mindset-the ability to anticipate and respond effectively to client’s need and actively assists clients by practicing preventative law
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunity
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.