State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
State Farm is offering a rare opportunity to join a high performing, Fortune 50 in-house legal team that provides legal counsel to a variety of business clients across the enterprise. Our Law Department employees are challenged, guided, and empowered. As a community, we help one another grow professionally and personally. It’s part of who we are and have been since 1922.
HR/Agency Counsel – req11884
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, a Fortune 50 company is offering an opportunity to join its in-house Law Department as a Human Resources/Agency Counsel. The position is located in Bloomington, IL at State Farm’s corporate headquarters. Qualified applicants must possess a commitment to providing quality legal advice, learning agility (including a demonstrated willingness to develop expertise in new subject matters), and a history of enthusiastic participation in a team environment.
At State Farm®, our mission is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm has held its own as the number one insurer of auto, home, and life in the nation.
What You Will Do:
The lawyer selected for the HR/Agency counsel position will be responsible for advising on legal issues related to employees and independent contractor agents. The position entails providing employment and agency law advice but also a wide array of additional responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Providing employment and agency legal advice to appropriate representatives of the State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its affiliates
- Independently managing a docket of counseling, administrative matters and litigation involving employees and independent contractor agents
- Analyzing legal problems, and interpreting laws and regulations
- Approaching legal matters and/or litigation resolution in creative ways
- Working with outside counsel in formulating litigation strategies in discrimination charges and matters
We Are Looking for Candidates With
- Candidates with 5 plus years of employment law experience or at minimum, two years of litigation experience
- Law degree from ABA accredited law school and excellent academic credentials
- Must have active license to practice law in at least one state and a member in good standing of the bar
- Past experience in handling employment matters for or on behalf of employers along with experience counseling employers on labor-related issues is preferred
- Experience handling complex employment litigation is suggested
- Advanced knowledge of legal principles and practices related to the subject matter of the attorney’s area of practice and/or leadership management skills
- Proactive mindset -anticipates and responds effectively to client’s needs and actively assists clients by practicing preventive law
What You Can Expect & Additional Details
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunity
- Other than as authorized by the General Counsel or his designee, employees are not permitted to handle any legal business outside of State Farm except authorized pro bono work
- Newly hired employees must cease all outside practice and all suit involvement before joining State Farm
- Travel may be required via commercial transportation or driving to job related activities
- May work irregular hours due to workload and nature of the work
What’s In It For You
- State Farm offers candidates the opportunity to engage in complex legal work for a Fortune 50 client. We focus on developing our employees to help them reach their full potential
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401(k) Plan and fully funded pension
- Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We’re here to help life go right®
Come join our passionate team!
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2Apply.net.