State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Counsel – req9850
State Farm is offering a rare opportunity to join a high performing, Fortune 50 in-house legal team that provides legal counsel to a variety of business clients across the enterprise. Our Law Department employees are challenged, committed and empowered. As a community, we help one another grow professionally and personally. It is part of who we are and have been since 1922.
The State Farm Law Department is looking for an EDiscovery attorney to assist in matters arising primarily out of litigation. The attorney would work in a secrion of the Law Department that oversees requests for enterprise information from all fifty state departments of insurance, federal regulatory agencies, as well as coordinating discovery and third party subpoena requests. In addition, the attorney would provide counseling to the enterprise in regards to information management, discovery and pre-discovery activities including:
- Governance – Discussions and decisions regarding potential risks and/or benefits arising from technology adoption, retention, and eventual disposition.
- Identification – Locating potential sources of information.
- Preservation – Ensuring that information is appropriately preserved as required by litigation and regulatory needs.
- Collection – Gathering information for further use.
- Processing – Effectively managing large volumes of information for review and analysis.
- Review – Evaluating information for relevance and privilege.
- Analysis – Evaluating information for content and context, including key patterns, topics, people and discussion.
- Production – Delivering information to others using appropriate delivery mechanisms, including encryption solutions.
- Presentation – Displaying information before audiences to elicit further information, validate existing facts or positions.
Office Location (Bloomington, IL)
We Are Looking for Candidates With
EDiscovery litigation and counseling experience to include the following:
- Respond to written discovery requests (interrogatories, document requests, and requests for admission) in state and federal litigation
- Prepare and execute ESI protocols, document review protocols and other eDiscovery work flow documentation
- Prepare and execute discovery strategies
- Prepare to defend depositions of corporate representatives regarding electronic discovery and records management issues
- Advise clients regarding preservation issues
- Educate clients’ outside counsel, witnesses, and third-party service providers on discovery processes
- Design, document, and execute litigation discovery management processes and procedures
- Advise on meet and confer sessions
- Help identify, select, and prepare expert witnesses to testify regarding preservation and discovery compliance issues
- Identify, select, and manage outside vendors for various eDiscovery services
- Conduct quality control tests and audits to assess and test preservation and discovery compliance issues
- Perform risk, efficiency, and cost assessments of eDiscovery processes, technologies, and service providers
- Develop and execute approaches to technology assisted review tools in litigation and investigation response
What You Can Expect
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process.
What’s In It For You
Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential
A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
401k Plan and Fully Funded Pension
Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/fv4bzfmyw5rqfqgc
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2Apply.net.