Website State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
State Farm is offering a rare opportunity to join a high performing, Fortune 50 in-house legal team that provides legal counsel to a variety of business units across the enterprise. Our Law Department employees are challenged, guided, and empowered. As a community, we help one another grow professionally and personally. It’s part of who we are and have been since 1922.
Counsel – req11408
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, a Fortune 50 company, is offering an opportunity to join its in-house Law Department as a Legislative/Regulatory Counsel. The position is located in Bloomington, IL, at State Farm’s corporate headquarters.
What You’ll Do
The lawyer selected will be responsible for the legislative and regulatory activity that impacts State Farm in specific assigned states that are yet to be determined. The Bloomington, Illinois based position will involve periodic travel to assigned states as necessary to effectively represent State Farm’s interests. In part, the lawyer selected will:
- Review state legislative and regulatory proposals, work with internal business partners to understand their impact, convey State Farm’s position as appropriate, and assist with compliance activity that follows
- Build relationships with and utilize lobbyists, trade associations, and other external partners to appropriately shape the external environment
- Represent State Farm before state regulators by weighing in on regulatory proposals, leading State Farm’s response to regulatory examinations, and assisting business partners with rate filings and complaints
- Work closely with State Farm’s Public Policy function, identifying and crafting public policy solutions to current and emerging issues impacting State Farm
- Partner with colleagues in the grassroots function in engaging State Farm employees and agents in building relationships with elected officials
We Are Looking for Candidates With
- At least 3 or more years of legal experience
- A law degree from an ABA accredited law school and excellent academic credentials
- A proactive and preventative lawyering mindset
- Commitment to providing quality legal advice
- Learning agility, including a demonstrated willingness to develop expertise in new subject matter areas
- A history of enthusiastic participation in a team environment
- An ability to collaborate with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to deal with complex issues in a challenging environment
What You Can Expect
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process.
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunity
What’s In It For You
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401(k)Plan and fully funded pension
- Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We’re here to help life go right®
Come join our passionate team!
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2Apply.net.