State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Complex Litigation Counsel – req11210
State Farm is offering a rare opportunity to join a high performing, Fortune 50 in-house legal team that provides legal counsel to a variety of business clients across the enterprise. Our Law Department employees are challenged, committed and empowered. As a community, we help one another grow professionally and personally. It is part of who we are and have been since 1922.
What You Will Do:
The primary focus of the Litigation Counsel position is to supervise litigation brought against State Farm entities, including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Work with outside counsel in formulating litigation strategies in bad faith, class action and various other types of litigation.
- Assist in trial preparation and preparing company witnesses for depositions and other testimony.
- Attend trials and provide trial reports to relevant business units and Law Department colleagues.
- Develop budgets for litigation matters and related projects.
- Provide legal advice to appropriate representatives of the State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its affiliates.
- Provide legal services on behalf of the State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its affiliates.
- Analyze legal problems, and interpret laws and regulations.
- Approach legal matters and/or litigation resolution in creative ways.
- Serve as a resource for the organization on complex issues.
At State Farm®, our mission is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm has held its own as the number one insurer of auto, home, and life in the nation.
What We Are Looking For:
- Candidates with 5 or more years of experience preferred.
- Law degree from ABA accredited law school and excellent academic credentials.
- Must have active license to practice law in at least one state and a member in good standing of the bar.
- Advanced knowledge of legal principles and practices related to litigation.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Proactive mindset – anticipates and responds effectively to client’s needs and actively assists clients by practicing preventive law.
- Qualified applicants must possess: a commitment to providing quality legal advice, learning agility (including a demonstrated willingness to develop expertise in new subject matters), and a history of enthusiastic participation in a team environment.
What We Offer You:
- State Farm offers candidates the opportunity to engage in complex legal work for a Fortune 50 client. We focus on developing our employees to help them reach their full potential.
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
- Other than as authorized by the General Counsel or his designee, employees are not permitted to handle any legal business outside of State Farm except authorized pro bono work.
- Newly hired employees must cease all outside practice and all suit involvement before joining State Farm
- Travel may be required via commercial transportation or driving to job related activities
- May work irregular hours due to workload and nature of the work
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We’re here to help life go right®
Come join our passionate team!
Complex Litigation Counsel
Number of Openings:
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2Apply.net.