State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, a Fortune 50 company, is offering an opportunity to join its in-house Law Department as a Human Resources/Agency Counsel, located in State Farm’s corporate headquarters in Bloomington, Illinois. Our Law Department employees are challenged, guided, and empowered. As a community, we help one another grow professionally and personally. It’s part of who we are and have been since 1922. The position is located in Bloomington, IL, at State Farm’s corporate headquarters and is classified as a hybrid role. Everyone in a hybrid role is required to spend time significant time in the Bloomington, IL office. Work arrangements could change over time based on business needs.
The lawyer selected for the HR/Agency counsel position will primarily be responsible for advising business areas on legal issues related to employees and independent contractor agents. This fast-paced position has a wide range of additional responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Independently managing a varied docket of counseling matters, administrative matters (e.g. EEOC charges) and federal and state litigation involving employees and independent contractor agents
- Analyzing legal complex problems, and interpreting employment laws and regulations
- Working with and managing outside counsel in litigation matters involving employees and independent contractor agent
- Law degree from ABA accredited law school and excellent academic credentials
- Must have active license to practice law in at least one state and a member in good standing of the bar
- Must be able to obtain a limited license in Illinois if not already appropriately licensed in Illinois
- Candidates with 5 plus years of employment law experience or at minimum, two years of litigation experience
- Past experience in handling employment matters for or on behalf of employers along with experience counseling employers on labor-related issues is preferred
- Experience handling complex employment litigation is suggested
- Advanced knowledge of legal principles and practices related to the subject matter of the attorney’s area of practice and/or leadership management skills
- Proactive mindset -anticipates and responds effectively to client’s needs and actively assists clients by practicing preventive law
- Commitment to providing quality legal advice, learning agility (included demonstrated willingness to develop expertise in new subject matters), and a history of enthusiastic participation in a team environment
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunity
- Other than as authorized by the General Counsel or his designee, employees are not permitted to handle any legal business outside of State Farm except authorized pro bono work
- Newly hired employees must cease all outside practice and all suit involvement before joining State Farm
- Travel may be required via commercial transportation or driving to job related activities
- May work irregular hours due to workload and nature of work
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.