State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
State Farm Mutual is offering an opportunity to join our Privacy and Information Security Unit (PISU) within our Corporate Law Department. The primary focus of the Counsel position in this unit is to advise on a number of enterprise programs, including but not limited to those related to privacy, information security, risk, and compliance. Attorneys in this unit provide legal advice on federal and state privacy and information security requirements, enterprise risk management, and the compliance and ethics program. Lawyers also advise on other programs including information retention, crisis management, AML/OFAC, and business continuity along with general technology-related legal matters. These practice areas evolve rapidly due to changes in law, technology, and business objectives and efforts. PISU lawyers collaborate closely with each other, peers in other legal practice groups, and with business leaders throughout the enterprise.
Located in Bloomington, IL, this position is classified as a hybrid role, meaning that the work arrangement calls for hours in the office and virtually. Everyone in a hybrid role is required to spend some time in the office. Work arrangements could change over time based on business needs.
At State Farm, our mission is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams.
• Must have a law degree from ABA accredited law school and excellent academic credentials
• Must have an active license to practice law in at least one state and be a member in good standing of the bar
• Must be able to obtain a limited license in IL if not already appropriately licensed in IL
• Demonstrated adaptability, learning agility, and the ability to excel in a collaborative environment
• Applicants should be able to demonstrate success anticipating legal issues and enabling clients’ needs through the practice of practical, preventative law
• Familiarity with privacy and/or information security laws and regulations
• Familiarity with risk and/or compliance programs
• Familiarity with State Farm’s company structure and general departments
• Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunity
• Other than as authorized by the General Counsel or his designee, employees are not permitted to handle any legal business outside of State Farm except authorized pro bono work
• Newly hired employees must cease all outside practice and all suit involvement before joining State Farm
• Travel may be required via commercial transportation or driving to job related activities
• May work irregular hours due to workload and nature of the work
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.