Website Wochner Law Firm
4 lawyer firm in suburban Northbrook (94 & Dundee Road) in need of a paralegal for estate planning, estate and trust administration, and probate practice. Experience in residential real estate transactions a plus.
Candidate will have at least 2 years of paralegal experience at a law firm and possess a certificate in paralegal studies or college degree. Candidate will possess strong organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize and multi-task, interpersonal skills and communication skills. Client service and team player attitude is required. Must be proficient in Outlook and Word.
Essential duties include:
- Draft probate, trusts, wills, powers of attorney, formation documents and other legal documents
- Proofread probate, legal documents and correspondence for accuracy
- Prepare correspondence
- Maintain and organize client files (hard and electronic)
- Manage docket
- Summarize trust agreements, trust restatements, wills, codicils with summary of distribution of and tax planning related to trust assets
- Conduct file review before initial, follow up and on-going client meeting
- Prepare agenda for initial, follow up, and on-going client meeting
- Analyze records provided by clients, CPAs, banks and corporate fiduciaries, identify assets held at death, and assist as needed to value all estate assets utilizing IRS-approved methods
- Analyze financial records and draft internal office inventories, probate court inventories and fiduciary and trust accountings
- Work with attorneys to help counsel clients and fiduciaries regarding estate administration tasks and communicate and provide information to CPAs to facilitate income tax return preparation
- Assist clients and client advisors to identify and collect estate assets and identify required legal transfer documentation and forms
- Manage and maintain accountings of estate or trust assets, funds received and expended during estate or trust administration and prepare receipts on distributions
- Communicate with clients, court personnel and agency staff timely and professionally
- Assist and conduct other administrative tasks as needed
Salary commensurate with experience. Please submit resume, one-page writing sample and 2 letters of recommendation to email@example.com.