Website OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE INSPECTOR GENERAL
Date: May 19, 2021
Location: Chicago, IL, US, 60602-3134
Job Requisition ID: 3605
Agency: Office of the Executive Inspector General
Closing Date/Time: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 AT 4:00 P.M.
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Please follow the directions below when applying to this position.
Subject to the direction and supervision of the Director of the Division of Hiring & Employment Monitoring (HEM) and approval of the Executive Inspector General, serves as Attorney for the Office of Executive Inspector General (OEIG) HEM Division. The incumbent is responsible for performing a variety of legal duties pertaining to the OEIG’s mandate to ensure that hiring and employment decisions, practices, and programs comport with the law. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: researching and advising on application of legal, regulatory, or other authority to personnel actions and decisions; drafting reports, memoranda or correspondence summarizing and applying findings; and participating in monitoring activities or compliance reviews. This position involves working with information of an extremely sensitive and confidential nature.
1. Responsible for conducting legal research regarding hiring and employment issues, procedures, practices, or policies.
2. Responsible for drafting legal memoranda, reports or correspondence that summarizes research, and/or applies governing authority to issues presented.
3. Participates in the review or monitoring of employment and hiring files, documentation, processes, procedures, policies and practices.
4. Works with, liaises, and meets with State agency staff, among others, to obtain relevant information and documentation, as well as a detailed understanding of internal protocol, processes, and practices.
5. Participates in responding to internal or external inquiries regarding compliant employment and hiring practices or procedures; monitors and tracks State agency efforts to implement remedial recommendations or measures.
6. Collects, interprets and evaluates narrative, statistical and other data in order to assess risk regarding employment or hiring-related activities; identifies, tracks or advises on best practices or the propriety of anticipated changes.
7. Participates in tracking and reporting on divisional activities.
8. Participates in identifying issues that result in investigative or other referrals, and engages in appropriate follow-up.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• graduation from an ABA-accredited law school;
• licensure to practice law in the State of Illinois (or another state bar having reciprocity with Illinois and if so, admittance to Illinois State Bar within one year of accepting position);
• prior legal experience in the area of ethics, and employment or labor law is desirable;
• ability to balance concurrent priorities and projects;
• high ethical standards and the ability to work with sensitive and confidential materials;
• ability to travel, including overnight;
• flexibility to work independently and in a team environment;
• excellent interpersonal, analytical, research, writing, organizational, and communication skills; and
• demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and internet applications.
Full-time, FLSA exempt. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Illinois Personnel Code.
Duties are generally performed in an office setting and typically include:
• sitting for extended periods of time;
• using personal computer, photocopier, facsimile, telephone, and teleconference equipment;
• handling and transporting documents weighing up to 30 lbs.; and
• standing, reaching, and bending at the waist or bending of the legs.
HOW TO APPLY
(The OEIG is a non-code state agency)
Applicants should select the employment tab on our website at www.inspectorgeneral.illinois.gov and click the “apply for open position” link and follow the instructions for applying.
The OEIG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities.
Work Hours: 8:30-4:30
Work Location: 69 W Washington St Chicago, IL 60602-3134
Agency Contact: OIG.InspectorGeneral@Illinois.gov
Job Function: Legal and Compliance
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED VIA THE AGENCY WEBSITE AT WWW.INSPECTORGENERAL.ILLINOIS.GOV
To apply for this job email your details to OIG.InspectorGeneral@illinois.gov