The Corporate and Private Equity Department consists of more than 70 attorneys whose practices focus on all types of private equity transactions including leveraged buy-outs, independent sponsor transactions, rollups, minority and junior capital investments, “going private” transactions and purchases of troubled companies in or out of bankruptcy. We have a team devoted to representing general partners and major limited partners in forming private equity, venture capital, mezzanine, and real estate funds. We consistently rank among the top corporate law firms in benchmarking league tables published by Bloomberg, Mergermarket and Refinitiv.
- Qualified candidates will have 3-5 years of large law firm experience representing private fund sponsors and institutional investors on a variety of complex fund formation matters.
- This associate will be involved in all aspects of the formation, structuring, capital raising, compliance and ongoing management of alternative investment funds across strategies, including private equity, real estate, mezzanine and other traditional closed end funds, as well as hedge funds, evergreen funds and other hybrid funds.
- This position will also work with related capital raising transactions, including programmatic joint ventures and structuring and managing the equity investment process for one-off investment transactions on behalf of independent sponsors.
Applicants should have the following:
- Primary drafting experience for limited partnership agreements and limited liability company agreements in the private investment fund context.
- A solid understanding of market fund terms and the issues and nuances commonly negotiated in the fund offering process.
- Experience reviewing and identifying issues in fund documents on behalf of institutional investors.
- Experience preparing offering documents, including PPMs, and solid experience with Regulation D and other securities laws governing private placements.
- Solid experience with the Advisers’ Act and related exemption, registration and compliance issues applicable to fund managers.
- Candidates should possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with and advise legal and business people from inception through closing and should be starting to draft and negotiate more substantive transaction documents and commercial agreements.
- Must have a strong academic record, excellent writing and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently with clients and colleagues.
Please be advised that this is a national search with a focus on the following markets: New York, Baltimore, Charlotte, Charlottesville, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Richmond, Dallas and Los Angeles – Century City.
Disclaimer: Search firms with a current agreement in place with McGuireWoods LLP may submit materials through the McGuireWoods Search Firm Portal. Please reach out to the Attorney Recruiting Manager listed above to gain registration access if needed. All other unsolicited submissions by search firms will be deemed not accepted.
California residents have special rights with respect to personal information. If you are a California resident applying for a position at McGuireWoods, our statement describes your rights and personal information the firm collects.
Please refer to Req #2919
To apply for this job please visit mcguire.careers.micronapps.com.