The Charlotte office of McGuireWoods seeks an E-Discovery Staff Attorney for the Financial Services Litigation Department.
The financial services industry has long been one of the most complex, highly regulated and carefully scrutinized business segments in the world. McGuireWoods’ long history of representation of financial institutions has prepared the firm well to stand with its clients in meeting these multifaceted and unprecedented challenges. Because we understand the business, our financial services litigation team is called upon by some of the world’s most prominent financial institutions to meet these challenges. Along with excellent benefits, McGuireWoods offers our attorneys a competitive salary with hours and merit bonus opportunities, billable hours credit for pro bono work, and a hybrid in office/remote option allowing flexibility and work-life balance.
- The ideal Staff Attorney will have 2+ years of e-discovery experience and ideally, litigation experience as well
- Manage discovery start to finish from preservation through review and production and creation of privilege logs
- Tasks include advising the client on preservation issues and assisting with the implementation of the hold; interviewing witnesses to assess the scope and volume of documents to collect; evaluating discovery requests and objections to those requests; working with the case team to determine the proper and proportional scope of discovery; and managing the collection, review and production of documents
- Keep the case team abreast of progress during discovery operations, report on work that has been accomplished, work remaining and estimated costs and timetables for completion
- Help determine, document and execute project planning, scheduling and technical requirements
- Work with the case team, the client, Litigation Support, document review services and vendors, to define the project’s budgets, goals and objectives and develop a plan for achieving these tasks
- Must understand the substantive aspects of the litigation and have practical experience managing large e-discovery projects
- Must also have substantial experience with Relativity and know how to work in the tool, perform searches, etc.
- Take ownership for this process, shepherding the project through the planning, collection, processing, review and production, including the ultimate use of productions in depositions, motions practice and trial
- Assist the case team in developing the facts of the case, interviewing witnesses and transferring this information to the document review team
- Will be flexible and able to adapt to the unexpected, navigate difficult deadlines and manage the many internal and external participants in the process Experience with Relativity and other review platforms expected
- Significant experience managing e-discovery projects a plus
Disclaimer: Search firms with a current agreement in place with McGuireWoods LLP may submit materials through the McGuireWoods Search Firm Portal. Please reach out to the Attorney Recruiting Manager listed above to gain registration access if needed. All other unsolicited submissions by search firms will be deemed not accepted.
California residents have special rights with respect to personal information. If you are a California resident applying for a position at McGuireWoods, our statement describes your rights and personal information the firm collects.
Please refer to Req #2310
To apply for this job please visit mcguire.careers.micronapps.com.