The Atlanta office of McGuireWoods is seeking an Associate for their Environmental and Mass Tort Litigation Department.
With more than 60 attorneys, McGuireWoods’ Environmental & Mass Tort is structured into four key practice groups:
- Crisis Management & Incident Response: Lawyers in this practice group employ a multifront incident response strategy to assist clients with all aspects of emergency response including civil and criminal prosecution; shareholder litigation; class actions; insurance disputes; investigations by Congress, regulatory agencies and/or state attorneys general; and reputational/public relations issues.
- Environmental Enforcement & Regulatory Counseling: Lawyers in this practice group counsel clients on regulatory programs for air, water, waste, natural resources and chemicals; defend clients against regulatory enforcement actions; and assist clients in addressing policy issues regarding climate change, environmental justice and emerging contaminants.
- Environmental Litigation: Lawyers in this practice group litigate high-exposure environmental and toxic tort actions that frequently proceed in parallel with government investigations and enforcement actions.
- Product Liability & Mass Tort: in this practice group represent clients across a range of industries on high-exposure matters that frequently involve allegations of systemic product defect, public nuisance, product mislabeling, negligence and strict liability. They are engaged on internal and government investigations and the defense of class actions, multidistrict litigation, attorneys general actions, and high-exposure individual death and injury cases.
- McGuireWoods LLP seeks a candidate with one to three years of experience to join our Atlanta office. The ideal candidate should have substantive experience handling matters arising under major federal and Georgia environmental regulatory programs. Specific experience with the Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act is a plus.
- Candidates also will be expected to support the firm’s national environmental regulatory, emergency response, and environmental litigation practices. Candidates should describe their experience in these areas.
- All candidates should have a strong academic background, excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and the desire to become a leader in matters involving challenging legal and environmental issues.
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school with excellent academic credentials.
- Status as an active member of the Georgia bar, or status as an active member in good standing of the bar in at least one state or the District of Columbia, and the ability to become admitted to the Georgia bar.
- Experience with, or demonstrated interest in major federal environmental statutes and comparable laws and regulations in Georgia.
- Strong analytical, research, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, the ability to work well under deadlines, and the ability to assume significant client responsibilities.
- Creative and critical thinking skills.
Disclaimer: Search firms with a current agreement in place with McGuireWoods LLP may submit materials through the McGuireWoods Search Firm Portal. Please reach out to the Attorney Recruiting Manager listed above to gain registration access if needed. All other unsolicited submissions by search firms will be deemed not accepted.
California residents have special rights with respect to personal information. If you are a California resident applying for a position at McGuireWoods, our statement describes your rights and personal information the firm collects.
Please refer to Req #2939
To apply for this job please visit mcguire.careers.micronapps.com.