Website Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP
Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP is a Chicago-based intellectual property law firm with over 85 attorneys, highly qualified patent agents, and technical specialists, all dedicated to providing superior intellectual property counseling. We specialize in all areas of intellectual property law and in obtaining patents and trademark registrations for our clients in the United States and foreign patent and trademark offices.
We are currently seeking a talented Associate to join our Mechanical Engineering practice group. The right individual will have:
- Strong academic credentials, including having graduated in the top third of his/her law school class, and having obtained at a minimum an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering from a top 50 engineering school.
- At least 1-5 years of patent preparation and prosecution experience, but not more than 6 years.
- License to practice law in Illinois (or licensed to practice law in another state and qualified to sit for the Illinois bar exam), and admission to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Excellent communication skills–both written and verbal–and exceptional organizational skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications relating to mechanical inventions, investigating and preparing non-infringement and invalidity opinions, occasionally participating in patent litigation to provide technical support, and performing related client counseling tasks.
- This position demands that the individual will assume significant client responsibilities, provide high-quality services to domestic and foreign clients, communicate with all levels of management and staff and, at times, will require a significant degree of autonomy.
Compensation for this position includes an annual salary highly competitive within the Chicago market for law firm associates at the experience level specified herein, along with customary benefits and opportunities to earn significant bonuses.
Customary benefits include:
Group Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Employee and Dependent Medical Flexible Spending Account
Health Savings Account
Life Insurance and AD&D
Accident and Critical Illness Plans
Short-Term Disability Program
Long-Term Disability Insurance
401(K), Profit Sharing and Vesting
Pre-Tax Transportation Plan
Identify Theft Protection
Employee Assistance Program
Voluntary Pet Insurance
Bright Horizons-Back-Up Child, Adult, and Elder Care
Stipend and Interest Free Loan Program
Bar Fees and Related Expenses
Continuing Legal Education
Holiday and Paid Time Off
In addition to our generous benefits package, Marshall, Gerstein & Borun offers a business-casual atmosphere and provides ample opportunity for socialization between our colleagues at monthly breakfasts, special-occasion luncheons, and out-of-office functions throughout the year. Associates are also provided a generously sized office and a culture that offers great work-life balance.
Qualified individuals interested in this position should forward a curriculum vitae, transcripts and writing samples to Ms. Michele J. Gudaitis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com