Website Markel Corporation
Markel Corporation (NYSE – MKL) a fortune 500 company with over
The primary purpose of this position is provide legal advice and services in connection with the insurance regulatory matters to minimize legal exposure and enhance shareholder value by ensuring the Company’s compliance with applicable property and casualty laws and regulations and with internal policies and procedures.
- Legal Agreements: Develop and review legal agreements that include but are not limited to, producer agreements, program administrator agreements, managing general agent agreements, claims service agreements, non-disclosure agreements, marketing agreements, and loss control agreements.
- Regulatory Matters: Provide advice and guidance on regulatory issues, including but not limited producer licensing, appointments and producer terminations; address the consumer complaints; provide support during market conduct and financial exams; as well as, file holding company filings in multiple states.
- Assist Compliance team with legal and regulatory matters.
- Support business partners in expanding their digital footprints by providing legal guidance to help structure business deals.
- Assist in resolution disputes with service providers and manage litigation.
- Act as a liaison and maintain strong relationships with the regulators.
- Identify and understand the potential legal risks associated with each initiative, and provide practical, solution-based advice to clients.
- Develop innovative approaches to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives.
Education / Work Experience/ Skill Set
- JD Required;
- Strong self starter – able to work independently and within a team;
- 8+ years of experience with significant corporate P&C legal and regulatory work;
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task in faced-paced environment;
- Strong analytical and collaborative skills.
To apply for this job please visit markelcorp.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.