Cunningham, Meyer & Vedrine P.C.
Cunningham, Meyer & Vedrine P.C., is a leading midsize defense litigation law firm seeking a full-time attorney candidate for its Litigation Medical Malpractice practice. You must be an Illinois licensed, associate attorney with 3-6 years of litigation experience, plaintiff or defense, insurance defense, medical malpractice or personal injury preferred. Qualified candidates must have strong writing and analytical skills. Experience handling court call is also preferred. Case load includes complex insurance defense and litigation matters involving medical malpractice, personal injury, tort, breach of contract and mandatory arbitration proceedings. This is an exempt position and an excellent opportunity for a trial litigator or medical malpractice attorney to continue to develop in their careers by joining an experienced team of insurance defense lawyers with a national presence.
You will be responsible for managing an active caseload, representing clients in court appearances and depositions, preparing legal documents and advising clients on legal proceedings. Candidates should also have prior trial experience, plaintiff or defense, including depositions and all aspects of discovery.
- JD from an accredited law school
- Must be admitted to practice in State of IL; State of IN a plus
- 3 – 6 years of defense litigation experience
- Experience with medical malpractice defense, or a combination of general liability and some medical malpractice
- Deposition experience is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Legal project management experience is helpful
- Independently manage a caseload involving medical malpractice claims
- Ability to manage full case handling responsibilities, including all facets of discovery and trial
- Drafting pleadings, motions, interrogatories and other legal documents
- Assisting the Attorneys of the firm in pre-trial work and trial preparation
- Work closely with other attorneys, team members, and Partners on legal projects
- Regularly handle court appearances and depositions
- Communicate with clients and provide status reports
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies
- Prepare and draft legal documents on behalf of clients
- Advise clients on business and legal transactions
- Negotiate settlements for legal disputes
- Comply with all legal standards and regulations
- Independently handle court appearances, depositions, briefs and trials
Please send resumes to: Recruiting@cmvlaw.com