Website Kutak Rock LLP
Kutak Rock LLP, a national law firm, is seeking an associate to join its public finance practice department in Omaha. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated interest in and experience with housing development and finance, complex lending transactions, securities, real estate, contracts and/or corporate law. Although relevant transactional experience is preferred, otherwise interested and qualified candidates will be considered.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
An associate in the Omaha public finance practice department will work with partners, associates, staff and clients in Omaha and throughout the country in a very busy practice, involving a wide range of types of transactions and projects, including:
- Research of federal and state law, including the Internal Revenue Code, the federal securities laws and local bond law
- Preparation of bond transaction documents, including bond indentures, bond ordinances and resolutions, loan agreements and closing documents
- Preparation of underwriting documents, including offering documents, purchase agreements and disclosure certificates
- Interacting and communicating with client representatives and negotiating with opposing counsel
- Strong academic credentials
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Good judgment
- The ability and confidence to work independently and flexibly
Kutak Rock requires all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to a state or local exemption procedure, or a reasonable accommodation for a bona fide medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief if accommodation does not cause Kutak Rock an undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace and/or to the candidate who requested the accommodation.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.kutakrock.com.