Website Jackson Lewis PC
Chicago – Privacy Associate
Focused on labor and employment law since 1958, Jackson Lewis P.C.’s 950+ attorneys located in major cities nationwide consistently identify and respond to new ways workplace law intersects business. We help employers develop proactive strategies, strong policies and business-oriented solutions to cultivate high-functioning workforces that are engaged, stable and diverse, and share our clients’ goals to emphasize inclusivity and respect for the contribution of every employee.
The Firm is ranked in the First Tier nationally in the category of Labor and Employment Litigation, as well as in both Employment Law and Labor Law on behalf of Management, in the U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”.
This position will sit in our Chicago, IL location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defend and litigate lawsuits involving a broad range of employment-related claims and agency charges of discrimination
- Represent employers in court, before administrative agencies, at mediations, and in arbitration in employment matters, including class/collective actions and discrimination, harassment, retaliation, contract, employment tort, and non-compete cases
- Defend class actions with a heavy emphasis on privacy class actions under BIPA
Skills and Requirements:
- JD from an ABA accredited law school and excellent academic credentials
- 4+ years of litigation experience, employment law background strongly preferred
- Active IL bar admission or ability to obtain admission quickly
- Understanding of current court and employment-related agency (state and federal) procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Experience and knowledge of class actions
- Commitment to professionalism, collegiality, and teamwork, along with ability to work independently on various projects
Jackson Lewis understands that embracing our differences makes us a stronger, better firm. We appreciate the importance of having a workforce that reflects the various communities in which we work, and we strive to create an inclusive environment where diverse employees want to work and where they can flourish professionally. In furtherance of our culture, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this position, please submit your application online through the Career Page on our website.
To apply for this job email your details to Erynn.Miller@jacksonlewis.com