Website Jackson Lewis P.C.
Focused on labor and employment law since 1958, Jackson Lewis P.C.’s 950+ attorneys located in major cities nationwide consistently identify and respond to new ways workplace law intersects business. We help employers develop proactive strategies, strong policies and business-oriented solutions to cultivate high-functioning workforces that are engaged, stable and diverse, and share our clients’ goals to emphasize inclusivity and respect for the contribution of every employee.
The Firm is ranked in the First Tier nationally in the category of Labor and Employment Litigation, as well as in both Employment Law and Labor Law on behalf of Management, in the U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”.
This position is located in our Chicago, IL Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Defend and litigate lawsuits involving a broad range of employment-related claims and agency charges of discrimination
· Advise, counsel, and train employers on various employment and labor law issues
· Represent employers in court, before administrative agencies, at mediations, and in arbitration in employment matters, including class/collective actions and discrimination, harassment, retaliation, contract, employment tort, and non-compete cases
Skills and Educational Requirements:
· JD from accredited law school, with excellent academic credentials
· 5-7 years of experience, employment law background strongly preferred
· Current Illinois Bar admission or ability to obtain admission
· Understanding of current agency (state and federal) procedures
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Attention to detail and commitment to excellence
· Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
· Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills
· Commitment to professionalism, collegiality, and teamwork
Jackson Lewis understands that embracing our differences makes us a stronger, better firm. We appreciate the importance of having a workforce that reflects the various communities in which we work, and we strive to create an inclusive environment where diverse employees want to work and where they can flourish professionally. In furtherance of our culture, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org