Website Illinois Governor's Office
The Office of Illinois Governor JB Pritzker is seeking to hire attorneys with one to six years of legal experience to join the legal team in Chicago. The legal team provides the Governor’s Office and State agencies with advice on some of the most interesting and impactful legal issues of the day—such as legalizing recreational cannabis, expanding reproductive rights, protecting LGBTQ rights, expanding gaming in the State, and implementing economic policies that work for Illinoisans. The Governor’s office drafts and advises on legislation and rulemaking; monitors consent decree compliance; analyzes ethics and personnel questions; advises the Governor regarding the clemency process; handles Freedom of Information Act requests; and analyzes any number of issues that arise in the Governor’s office and with State agencies.
Ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Commitment to public service and strong interest in government
• Exceptional legal research, writing, and analytic skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
• One to six years of legal experience
• Admission to the Illinois Bar
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to GOV.email@example.com with the subject line “Legal Counsel Position – Application Materials.” Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to GOV.firstname.lastname@example.org