Illinois College of Optometry
ILLINOIS COLLEGE OF OPTOMETRY
ILLINOIS EYE INSTITUTE
Optometric CSA / Patient Account Representative /Data Entry Dispensing
LEVEL: Non-Exempt – 40 Hours/Week (Floating Position)
The Illinois Eye Institute is looking for an Optometric Customer Service Associate / Patient Account Representative / Data Entry Dispensing/ Optical Assistant who is enthusiastic, enjoys working with people; learning skillsets for multiple departments, and a reliable team member with excellent communication and customer service skills, to join our team.
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefit package including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, 403b retirement contribution and a great career development opportunity.
The Illinois Eye Institute is a major optometry and ophthalmology practice which provides a large amount of medical eye and vision care and has a beautiful optical dispensing area with high end designer eyewear collections. Our environment is friendly and accommodating. We are willing to train the right candidate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Welcome and greet patients, perform check-in and check-out for the patient.
- Verifies and updates all demographic, insurance, referral information. Determines patient insurance coverage and eligibility for service and financial support.
- Responds to all inquiries (phone, written correspondence, or personal visit) and resolves any issues when appropriate.
- Explains office operation and financial policy to patients
- Documents special notations for quality assurance purposes
- Assists patients with spectacle frame selections
- Fits and measures optical prescription orders and Enters spectacle orders in Compulink system in the required manner
- Prints, reviews, and scrubs outgoing optical billing for spectacles
- Assists in identifying issues impacting on patient satisfaction
- Demonstrates dedication to enhancing customer value and satisfaction in delivering quality services which are responsive, comprehensive, and proactive
- Ability to perform diagnostic testing procedures and optical device fit and dispense with training
- Provides department coverage and assists in another department, as needed
- Establishes service specific tasks in the clinical system such as appoint data/time, prescription eyewear orders, collects co-payment, payments, and adjustments on account from patient and insurance, and complete financial reconciliation as necessary.
- This is a rotating position where the employee will be trained to work in various departments of the Illinois Eye Institute including satellite
- Other job-related duties as assigned by the Supervisor
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ophthalmic technician or optical experience is preferred
- Must be able to multitask in a high energy, busy work environment
- Must demonstrate data entry speed and accuracy
- Must demonstrate computer and program skills including all Microsoft products.
- Direct customer service experience
- Skilled communicator
- Maturity in judgment and demeanor
- Ability to meet deadlines regardless of circumstances or pressures
- Attendance must be in accordance with College Policy
Our company offers the following:
- Competitive Pay
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- Free Eye and Vision Exam for you and your immediate family
- Generous 403B retirement contribution
- Excellent training program (previous optical experience is helpful but not necessary)
The Illinois College of Optometry and the Illinois Eye Institute has no contract or implied contract with its employees concerning the terms and conditions of employment. The Illinois College of Optometry and the Illinois Eye Institute and its employees each have the right to terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice and no officer or employee of Illinois College of Optometry or Illinois Eye Institute has the authority to alter or amend this expressed policy except the President, who is authorized to alter or amend this expressed policy only in writing. Termination issues regarding faculty are governed by the Faculty Handbook.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.