Website Gould & Ratner LLP
Gould & Ratner LLP is seeking a Mid-Senior Level Associate to join its Human Resources & Employment Law Practice. The ideal candidate will have significant experience with all aspects of employment litigation, human resources counseling, and employer training and educational programs.
Candidates can look forward to gaining direct client interaction, business development experience, and significant responsibility on complex and sophisticated legal matters. This is an excellent opportunity for an attorney who is highly motivated and seeking a positive career trajectory.
This role allows a flexible work schedule with a hybrid remote and in-office presence.
- 4 – 8 years of experience with both employment litigation and human resources counseling.
- Strong litigation skills, including researching and writing legal memoranda, drafting complaints, motions and written discovery, taking depositions and preparing for trial.
- Experience counseling employers on a variety of human resources-related topics, including accommodations for disabled or pregnant employees, the Family and Medical Leave Act, legal issues relating to potential employment terminations, investigating harassment complaints, wage & hour law and liability related to plant closings.
- Experience assisting employers with training their workforces on employment-related topics, including harassment prevention, overtime, performance management, employment discrimination, computer use policies, hiring and firing, accommodating disabled employees, leadership, workplace violence, supervisory skills and risk management.
- Experience reviewing and editing employee handbooks.
- Experience negotiating and drafting executive. employment agreements, compensation and bonus plans and restrictive covenant agreements.
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ideal candidate has the ability to work as part of a team while also having the confidence and demeanor to assume individual responsibility for matters involving direct client interaction. This attorney will serve as business advisor to clients, guiding them in a full range of legal matters throughout their life cycle.
- Candidates must be currently licensed in Illinois or licensed in another state with a UBE score that qualifies in Illinois for comity, be eligible to waive in, or be willing to sit for an upcoming IL bar exam (open to relocation candidates that meet these requirements).
About Gould & Ratner
Gould & Ratner is an 80-year old Chicago law firm with a team of over 50 attorneys. Our team consists of a deep bench of sophisticated and experienced attorneys that provide exceptional legal service while affording our clients the benefits of working with an agile and entrepreneurial-minded team of results-oriented, well-rounded professionals.
Gould & Ratner is focused on building the next generation of leaders in law. Attorneys who come to Gould & Ratner stay at Gould & Ratner – providing continuity of service from generation to generation. Our associates have the opportunity to work in a professional, challenging and collegial midsized firm environment. Because of the diverse nature of our clients, our attorneys gain exposure to sophisticated transactions, complex litigation and intricate estate/wealth management planning, among other areas. Like the individuals and businesses we represent, our lawyers are skilled in a number of technical disciplines, have an entrepreneurial focus, adapt quickly to changing market conditions and provide excellent client service and value.
- Commitment to mentorship, training, and professional development with an achievable path to partnership. When you join Gould & Ratner, you are not just getting a job – you are building a career. You will work together with G&R colleagues and partner with clients to hone your skills as a business lawyer.
- Opportunity to step into meaningful client relationships and be a key component of the Firm’s succession planning efforts.
- Low turnover, collegial, and collaborative environment.
- A dynamic culture that prizes thinking outside the box.
- Health care, life and disability insurance.
- Competitive compensation, benefits package, and a generous 401k plan.
- Employee discounts and wellness programs.
- Hybrid in-office/remote role based in our Chicago office.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com