Website The Chicago Committee
The Chicago Committee on Minorities in Large Law Firms, (The Chicago Committee) seeks an experienced individual to serve as its Executive Director in Chicago, Illinois to direct the overall operation of the organization, with the following general responsibilities:
- Strategic Leadership: In collaboration with the Board of Directors oversee the continued development and implementation of strategies and policies that are aligned with the Committee’s vision to transform the legal profession by accelerating the progress of racial and ethnic diversity in large law firms.
- Constituent Engagement: Guided by the direction of the Executive Committee, develop and implement strategies to engage the Committee’s key constituents, including Board members, the Associate Board and member law firms; and serve as the Chicago Committee’s liaison to its strategic partner organizations, including minority and other bar associations, other diversity organizations, and Chicago area law schools, to identify and respond to initiatives that further the mission
- Programming: With the advice and consultation of the Board of Directors, develop and execute Chicago Committee programs aligned with the organization’s mission and vision
- Management and Administration: Oversee the organization’s day to day operations including Board and Board committee meeting coordination and support; directing and overseeing the Program Director’s work, including his or her management and support of the Associate Board and other activities; managing vendors, including the accountant, auditor, web developer, other IT support and marketing and communications firms; financial administration, including assisting the board treasurer and finance committee with budget development, oversight and Board reporting; other required government and financial reporting and documentation; and providing strategic member firm services
- Membership and Sponsorship Development: Guided by the Executive Committee, develop and execute strategies to sustain current firm membership, including drafting annual report and planning annual meeting. Increase new firm membership; and solicit corporate sponsorship of the Committee’s key initiatives and programs.
- Outstanding leadership, communication, management, and administrative skills.
- Demonstrated experience in board engagement and the ability to drive the work of a board of directors, including developing and executing strategic initiatives
- Ability to maintain high visibility for the Committee and to provide leadership in legal and diversity communities
- Willingness to attend meetings and functions after normal business hours
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, efficient, innovative and practical
- Demonstrated understanding of the law firm dynamic and law firm attorney career cycle
- Computer proficiency, including word processing, database usage and spreadsheets
- J.D. degree strongly preferred, but not required
- Programming experience a plus
Date Available: July 30, 2018
Reports to: The Chicago Committee Board of Directors
Salary: Commensurate with experience and includes health benefits
Application Deadline: September 7, 2018
Please send a cover letter, resume, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three work-related references (including at least one from a current or recent supervisor) by email to: The Chicago Committee c/o Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner, 161 North Clark Street, Suite 4300, Chicago, Illinois 60601 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.