Website DLA Piper LLP (US)
DLA Piper is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Job applicant poster viewing center.
DLA Piper is, at its core, bold, exceptional collaborative and supportive. Our people are the backbone, heart and soul of our firm. Wherever you are in your professional journey, DLA Piper is a place you can engage in meaningful work and grow your career. Let’s see what we can achieve. Together.
Job Description Summary
This attorney (non-partnership track) will have substantive corporate transactional experience focusing on complex cross-border transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and global corporate restructurings.
Please apply online if you are a direct applicant. Applicants must apply directly online instead of sending application materials via email. If you have a request for an accommodation during the application process or if you have any questions about the process, please contact email@example.com. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of safe senders.
Search Firms: Per the terms of our agreement, all candidates must be submitted through the firm’s agency portal for consideration. If you have an agreement with the firm, please request an invitation to submit candidates to the portal from email@example.com. If you do not have an agreement with us and would like us to consider candidates, please send a blind candidate profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
General & Essential Job Expectations
While the specific job requirements of a DLA Piper position may vary depending upon scope of the job and area of specialty, there are certain universal requirements that are expected of all DLA Piper employees, which include but are not limited to:
- Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with clients, lawyers, business professionals, and third parties;
- Produce deliverables, answer phone calls, and reply to correspondence in an efficient and responsive manner;
- Provide timely, accurate, and quality work product;
- Successfully meet deadlines, expectations, and perform work duties as required;
- Foster positive work relationships;
- Comply with all firm policies and practices;
- Engage in both physical and sedentary activity, such as
- (a) working at a computer for extended periods of time, including on-screen reading and typing;
- (b) participating in digital/virtual conference calls;
- (c) participating in meetings as needed;
- Perform all other duties, tasks or projects as assigned.
Our employees are expected to embrace and uphold our firm values as a part of our DLA Piper culture. We are committed to excellence in how we represent our clients and develop our people.
- 3+ years of Corporate Transactional experience
- Admitted to practice in Minnesota or Illinois
- Direct and applicable AmLaw 100 law firm or SEC experience
Physical Demands, Work Environment, and Other Requirements
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Hybrid with some in-office expectations
To apply for this job please visit dlapiperus.referrals.selectminds.com.