Website CHICAGO YOUTH CENTERS
We are currently conducting a search for a qualified Accounts Clerk-Accounts Payable/Cash Receipts for our accounting department. The work schedule is 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. We are seeking experience with accounts payable, cash receipts, government vouchering, payroll, and miscellaneous clerical support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process accounts payable, verify accuracy of vendor invoices, code invoices, as necessary, check for required substantiating data and post vendor number
- Investigate and resolve invoice discrepancies and respond to vendor inquires
- Maintain accounts payable records and file paid invoices
- Maintain vendor listing, assign vendor numbers and update listing to reflect any changes as necessary
- Input required data, generate accounts payable checks and verify check data for accuracy
- Stamp Paid and photocopy accounts payable invoices for vouchering
- Sort, date stamp vendor invoices and photocopy for center files
- Photocopy accounts payable invoices and distribute to the appropriate people
- Prepare checks manually for the centers, capital, depository and community action accounts as required
- Acquire receipts for check requests and purchase orders as applicable
- Obtain second signatures for checks, as needed
- Maintain separate file for professional fees and aged accounts payable file
- Maintain petty cash funds for the Accounting department
- Prepare account reconciliation related to payable accounts
- Process cash receipts for all bank accounts
- Prepare bank deposits
- Check and code all government cash receipts to correct receivable account
- Process credit card transactions as needed
- Process NSF checks, record required data and refer for follow-up action
- Provide photocopies of donations for Development staff as required
- Prepare daily donation check log and enter donations on contribution schedule
- Prepare reimbursement vouchers and reports as assigned, based on updated contract agreements
- Provide assistance to government auditors and funding sources as required to review agency expenses and changes in billing procedures
• Enter general ledger journal entries
• Serve as a back up to other accounting staff as needed
• Fill and deliver internal orders for office supplies
• Maintain the accounting storage room
• Sort mail and distribute it to the appropriate member in the Accounting Department
• Other duties as assigned to fulfill the mission of the department and agency needs
- High school diploma
- 1-3 years related accounts payable and cash receipts experience
- Experience with Solomon IV a plus
- Ability to work with all levels of staff
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer Expertise (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Energetic and outgoing personality
Willing to embrace and demonstrate CYC’s Mantras:
• ATTITUDE MATTERS – Positivity begins with me. My attitude has the power to influence my environment and inspire those around me. I aim to be enthusiastic, optimistic, and kind—even when things get hard.
• CARE FOR REAL – I will take every opportunity to show that I truly care. I commit to serving children and families, my co-workers and my community. I will think, care and act in a respectful manner to uplift and support others.
• OWN IT – I will never say, That’s not my job. When I see something that needs to be done, I will assign myself and do it. I will make a commitment to carry out my job responsibilities and assignments with consistency, dependability, and respect.
• PUSH FORWARD – I will be determined and progressive in thought and action. I will press on when problems arise and find innovative ways to solve issues. I will continuously learn and be open to the ideas of others.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.