• Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited school of law and licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois, plus one (1) year of experience as a practicing attorney, preferably specializing in employment or labor laws, or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to this position.
• Requires sitting for extended periods of time, standing, visual acumen, manual dexterity, and fingering for working with computer keyboards.
Chicago Transit Authority requires all employees to be COVID-19 vaccinated. If you are offered employment, proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required as a condition of employment and as part of the hiring process. Visit www.transitchicago.com/careers for full notice.
Service Area Requirement: Exempt (Non-Union) employees must live within the boundaries of the CTA Statutory Service Area either at the time of employment or within 6 months of beginning employment at CTA.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Working knowledge of applicable federal and state laws.
• Working knowledge of judicial procedures and rules of evidence.
• Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interrelate with clients, Authority personnel, and witnesses.
• Good research, organization and analytical skills to gather and synthesize large volumes of information into a logical convincing case.
• Good verbal and written communication skills to explain important facts clearly, logically, and concisely.
• Good negotiation skills.
• Good interviewing skills.
• Basic skill using Microsoft software.
• Ability to work on multiple projects in stressful situations.
• Ability to provide timely legal advice.
• Ability to work independently and advise and consult with management as needed.
• Ability to lead others and work in a team environment.
• General office environment.
• Works various days and hours.
• Makes regular site visits to non-office locations (e.g., court, client site).
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, AND MATERIALS UTILIZED
• Standard office equipment.
• On-line legal research and litigation support software.
Please note, employees and/or union members will be given priority consideration in the hiring process, per the applicable labor contracts.
Final salary will be determined in part by the qualifications of the selected candidate and may be higher or lower than target.
Applicants, if hired,must comply with CTA’s residency ordinance.
CTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, unfavorable military discharge, disability or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws; except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our workforce and supporting the communities we serve. CTA will make reasonable accommodations for the known disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants for employment as well as its employees, unless undue hardship would result. If you require an accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com prior to the submission of your application or upon notification of your actual test date. CTA will work with you to determine if an accommodation can be provided.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org