Website Akorn Pharmaceuticals
Responsible for completing Accounting functions including compiling, analyzing, posting, and reporting financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Compile financial information from various electronic and hard copy sources. Perform analysis and post information to the General Ledger (GL) on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Perform weekly and monthly reconciliations to ensure the accuracy of all financial information
- Research any discrepancies and provide explanation for any variance
- Compile, post, and ensure accuracy of monthly journal entries of company accounts to maintain compliance with company and federal regulations. Prepare and distribute reports regarding monthly journal entries to Executives and Sr. Management
- Collect year-end closing financial information, post journal entries, and ensure accuracy of data for filing and audit purposes
- Assist with technical accounting research and work with business unit leaders to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Assist in gathering information required for internal and external audits to ensure policies and procedures are in compliance with accounting regulations and requirements
- Assist in preparing and distributing various financial reports and exhibits for Corporate Executives, Management, and Non-Management, including but not limited to expense analysis, expense detail, Profit & Loss (P&L) statements, production/commission reports, and site profitability
- Research and address P&L questions from Management and provide explanations for any variance occurring through analyzing and researching reasons and causes for fluctuations
- Escalate systems issues to experienced Accounting staff
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations relating to job duties
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of functional area and company policies and procedures
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement
- Make recommendations to implement improved processes
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent relevant work related experience required
- 1 year of Accounting, Reporting, Analysis/related work experience preferred
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge and understanding of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Proficient personal computer skills including Microsoft Office. Microsoft Access and SAP experience a plus
- Proficient financial analytical skills and the ability to research variances
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Auto req ID
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.