How to Plan a WBAI Event
- Check the WBAI Master Calendar for availability. The Master Calendar is only available to Board members and the Association Manager, so committee/event Co-Chairs should email WBAI Association Manager, Angela McLaughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding date availability.
- If your desired event date is available, add it to the Master Calendar. You must specify a date and time for your event, as well as include your name as the appropriate contact person. Angela will also block off the rest of the weekdays that week, as we try to host only one event per week.
- Next, in writing ask the President and Association Manager to approve the event. If the President approves the event, Angela will put the event on the ISBA Calendar. President, Lauren Witkowski email@example.com
- If your desired event date is not available, or the week of your event is blocked off, you must contact the President. The President can approve multiple events per week at her discretion.
- Plan and finalize your event logistics. This includes, but is not limited to, the event location (or online platform), start and end time, intended attendees (e.g.; law students, new lawyers, members-only, etc.), and the budget for your event.
- With respect to the budget, most WBAI events – especially smaller ones – are self-funded, meaning the ticket price and/or sponsorship(s) must cover all costs associated with the event (e.g.; food, drink, space rental fees, etc.). It is the Co Chairs’ responsibility to solicit sponsorship(s) and propose a ticket price.
- If you anticipate requiring funding from the WBAI to cover the cost of your event that you intend to repay through ticket sales/sponsorship(s) (e.g.; a down-payment for a caterer or event space), please contact the Association Manager and Financial Secretary as soon as possible to make arrangements for payment by check or credit card. Financial Secretary, Katherine Twardak firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you anticipate requiring funding from the WBAI to cover the cost of your event that you do not intend to repay through ticket sales/sponsorship(s), please contact the Association Manager and Financial Secretary as soon as possible to make sure that there is room in the budget for this expenditure.
- Please note that putting your event on the Master Calendar does not mean your event will be put on the calendar on the WBAI website or that you event will be marketed! You have to follow the Marketing Guidelines, which are contained in this Handbook, in order for your event to be marketed.
If you have any questions, please contact your Board Liaison, or contact Secretary of Membership, Hayley Graham email@example.com