Thank you to all members who participated in voting for the WBAI Nominating Committee. In accordance with Section 3 of Article Four of the WBAI By-laws, we are pleased to announce that the following people will serve on the WBAI Nominating Committee, which will slate the open positions on the 2017-2018 WBAI Board:
The following people automatically serve on the Committee:
- Eugena Whitson-Owen
- President 2014-2015
- Kristin Barnette
- First Vice President
- Karie Valentino
- Second Vice President
The following seven members were elected to serve on the Nominating Committee:
- Deanna Blair: email@example.com
- Deane Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alice Dolan: email@example.com
- Michelle Kohut: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrea Kramer: email@example.com
- Kilby Macfadden: kilbymacfadden@
- Hon. Jeanne Reynolds: reynoldsjeanne@
- Julia Williams: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following members were elected to serve as alternates on the Nominating Committee:
- Natalie Scruton Federle: email@example.com
- Lauren Waninski: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following are the open positions for the WBAI 2017-2018 Board:
- Second Vice President
- Financial Secretary
- Recording Secretary
- Corresponding Secretary
We will also fill open Director positions for the 2017-2018 bar year.
Should you wish to be considered by the Nominating Committee for any vacancies on the 2017-2018 Board, please indicate your interest by forwarding the following:
- A brief statement of the position(s) you are seeking and the reasons you are seeking nomination. Please be sure to include an indication of the primary position you are seeking and any alternative positions you would like to be considered for;
- Your professional resume; and
- A brief biography indicating your involvement in past WBAI events/activities/committees and/or other women’s issues events/activities/committees.
Submissions should be mailed or emailed to the WBAI Office at email@example.com.
All Materials must be received by Friday, April 14, 2017 at 5:00p.m. Late applications will not be accepted.
Prior to April 25th: Time for those running for WBAI officer and director positions to meet with the Nominating Committee members in support of their candidacy, if so desired.
The Nominating Committee will meet on April 25th at 5:30p.m. The Nominating Committee will consider all submissions and announce the 2017-2018 Officers and Directors as soon as practicable following the meeting.
Please note: No person shall be an Officer or a Director unless she has been a WBAI member in good standing for three (3) consecutive years and has been a member of the bar of the State of Illinois for three (3) consecutive years. The elected Officers shall serve a one (1) year term and the elected Directors shall serve a two (2) year term.
If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact Executive Director, Monique Austin at 312-341-8530.