Thank you to all members who participated in voting for the WBAI Nominating Committee.
In accordance with Section 3 of Article Four of the WBAI By-laws, I am pleased to announce that the following people will serve on the WBAI Nominating Committee and will be charged with slating the open positions on the 2019-2020 WBAI Board.
The following people automatically serve on the Nominating Committee:
- Corinne Heggie – First Vice President
- Kathryn Conway – Second Vice President
- Kristin Barnette McCarthy – President 2017-2018
- Adria Mossing – President 2016-2017
The following seven WBAI members were elected to serve on the Nominating Committee:
- Colleen Redden
- Hon. Jeanne Reynolds
- Meredith Rudolfi
- Melissa Tannehill
- Gena Whitson-Owen
- Rebecca Dandy
- Dina Ninfo
- Melanie VanOverloop
The open positions for the WBAI 2019-2020 Board and their corresponding duties per the Bylaws are as follows:
- Second Vice President
- Financial Secretary
- Secretary of Membership
- Communications & Marketing Officer
- Recording Secretary
The recent Bylaws amendment created two (2) new officer positions: Secretary of Membership and Communications & Marketing Officer. Check the Bylaws on WBAI’s website for the descriptions of the new officers’ duties.
To apply to the Nominating Committee for consideration for a Board or Director position on the 2019-2020 Board, you must submit the following:
- A brief statement of the position(s) you are seeking and the reasons you are seeking nomination. Please be sure to include an indication of the primary position you are seeking and any alternative positions you would like to be considered for;
Your professional resume; and
- A brief biography indicating your involvement in past WBAI events/activities/committees and/or other women’s issues events/activities/committees.
Submissions must be mailed or emailed to the Monique Austin at the WBAI Office at email@example.com. All materials must be received by Ms. Austin no later than 5:00 p.m. on April 15, 2019.
Individuals who are running for a WBAI officer or director position should meet with the Nominating Committee members in support of their candidacy prior to April 30, 2019.
The Nominating Committee will meet on April 30, 2019 at the WBAI Office, 321 S. Plymouth Court, at 5:30 p.m. The Nominating Committee will consider all submissions and announce the 2019-2020 Officers and Directors as soon as practicable following the meeting.
Please note: No person shall be an Officer or a Director unless she has been a WBAI member in good standing for three (3) consecutive years and has been a member of the bar of the State of Illinois for three (3) consecutive years. The elected Officers shall serve a one (1) year term and the elected Directors shall serve a two (2) year term.
If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact Executive Director, Monique Austin at 312-341-8530.