Website IDEX Corporation
IDEX Corporation , a Fortune 1000 NYSE-listed company with revenues of more than $2 billion in 2016 and a market cap of over $9 billion, is a company of exceptional products and innovative technologies, whose impact reaches millions worldwide. It is a global provider of applied solutions serving a variety of markets. For additional information, please go to www.idexcorp.com .
Position Summary: The individual will be responsible for providing legal advice and assistance to IDEX and its Business Units worldwide on commercial matters. The role will require interfacing with manufacturing facilities, operations and business personnel at all levels, including senior management. Duties further involve working closely with third party service providers, including the effective management of outside counsel (domestic and international).
Duties and Responsibilities: Serve as in-house commercial generalist, providing advice and assistance on a wide range of commercial matters including procurement, sales and distribution and real estate matters. Commercial obligations include reviewing, analyzing, drafting and/or negotiating a broad array of agreements and coordinating the use of outside counsel on such matters as necessary.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Broad-based knowledge of general contract principles, with strong contract drafting and negotiating skills.
- Experience handling complicated commercial and business transactions, both domestic and international.
- A demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and to manage multi-task, multi-deadline, cross functional projects effectively, on time and on budget.
- Proven ability to identify and mitigate risks and balance legal risks with business goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the poise and personality to effectively communicate and interact with executives and personnel at all levels.
- Ability to influence major decisions having legal and commercial ramifications through reasoned analysis and business understanding.
- Highly-motivated, proactive self-starter with excellent judgment and professional maturity.
- Ability to fit into a team-oriented environment that is both friendly and informal, yet demanding of excellence, fast-paced and rapidly changing.
- Ability to actively manage and work efficiently with outside counsel.
- Willingness to travel.
EDUCATION & BAR ADMISSION:
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in at least one state and in good standing with all state bars where admitted. If not admitted in Illinois, must successfully apply for in-house counsel licensure with the State Bar of Illinois.
- Five or more years of legal practice, with a preference for some experience in a relevant in-house position.
Note: This document in no way states or implies that these are the only responsibilities of, and the duties to be performed by, the employee occupying this position.
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
REQ ID: 1559
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://idexcorporation.jobs/lake-forest-il/senior-counsel-commercial-lake-forest-il/46287A452D334F6D955A59CA8DA1A935/job/ →