Website JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Legal- Assistant General Counsel- Human Resources Law- AVP/VP–170035571
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. The firm has approximately 250,000 employees worldwide in multiple jurisdictions and has one of the largest benefit plans in the United States.
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Corporation and is organized by Practice Groups that conform to the organization of the Firm’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams to communicate legal and regulatory changes to the businesses and staff areas and for the lines of business and staff areas to communicate business developments that have legal or regulatory implications to the legal teams in a timely manner.
The Human Resources Law team currently has a vacancy for an attorney. Chicago is the preferred location, but New York candidates with strong credentials will be considered.
This attorney position will oversee a docket of employment cases at various stages from threatened litigation through trial, in various jurisdictions, arising primarily out of the Consumer & Community Banking business. In most cases, you will manage outside counsel. In certain instances, however, you may litigate matters in-house without the assistance of outside counsel.
As an employment lawyer working in this group, you will also provide legal counsel and strategic advice to the firm on employment law and related matters, and prepare and review human resources policies, procedures, agreements and other documentation related to human resources and workforce management.
- Law degree, ability to practice in Illinois and/or New York (required)
- Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction.
- Minimum 3 years of recent, relevant and broad employment litigation experience, as well as significant advice and counsel experience in a major law firm, large in-house setting or equivalent (required)
- The level of the position is commensurate with level of post-JD experience in an attorney capacity (at least 3 years of experience for the AVP level and at least 5 years of experience for VP level).
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal employment discrimination and other employment-related statutes, as well as common law employment claims (required)
- Experience handling full range of labor and employment issues, including performance management, employee discipline, termination, severance, workplace investigations, policy development, employment agreements, FLSA, FMLA, wage and hour issues, workplace accommodations, applications, training, incentive pay, and the protection of intellectual property, trade secrets and confidential information (required)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle high volume and balance competing demands (required)
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships; must be an effective influencer (required)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (required)
- Strong knowledge of eDiscovery/ESI (required)
- High competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, LEXIS/Westlaw (required)
- Employment litigation and counseling with financial services and/or retail clients (strongly preferred)
- Experience advising and working on mergers, acquisitions and other transactions (preferred)
- Project management skills and background (preferred)
- Knowledge of collaboration tools like SharePoint and PowerPoint, case management applications and/or customer account management applications (preferred)
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
US-IL-Chicago-Chase Tower Chicago / 10468
US-NY-New York-4 New York Plaza / 02324
Corporate Brand JPMorgan Chase & Co.