Illinois Health and Hospital Association
Reports To: Vice President & Deputy General Counsel
Under the direction of Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, provides legal services to the Illinois Health and Hospital Association and related entities. Such services include providing advice and representation, drafting and negotiating contracts, and contributing to the development of policy and advocacy positions.
Outline of Responsibilities
- Provides legal advice, guidance, and representation to management and staff of IHA and its related entities with respect to contracts, business transactions, government grants and contracts, regulation and compliance, information technology, and information privacy and confidentiality.
- Drafts, reviews, and revises contracts to ensure enforceability, mitigate risk, and ensure compliance with relevant laws. Counsel IHA staff regarding the meaning of the terms and advise staff regarding legal concerns and suggested revisions. Interact with counsel for the other party regarding desired revisions.
- Works with the General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel, and policy and advocacy staff and membership groups on the development of policy and advocacy positions that involve significant legal issues or require legal research or analysis. Examples of this type of work include: analyzing legislation, regulations, and court decisions; drafting position papers; drafting legislation and regulations; and informing members about new statutes, regulations, and court decisions. In performing this work, the Assistant General Counsel may work with staff from other departments.
- Educates IHA members and staff on legal issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Appropriately licensed to practice in-house law in Illinois. At least five years of experience providing legal advice about business transactions and drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of contracts, preferably including technology and data use agreements. Experience with government grants and contracts a plus. Knowledge of the healthcare delivery system, patient care operations, and the health care payment system a plus. Excellent analytical, speaking, and writing skills as well as the ability to articulate complex material to a variety of audiences. Creative thinker, problem-solver, and facilitator, good interpersonal skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands required.
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation
We offer a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.ihatoday.org/about-iha/emp-opportunities.aspx →