Website Akorn, Inc.
The Senior IT Auditor will conduct various IT and operational audits and support the Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) compliance initiatives including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), SSAE16, HIPAA, HITRUST.
- Assist in the preparation of audit planning documentation for all assigned IT and Integrated audits.
- Execute a wide variety of audit procedures, perform detail analysis and interpret results against defined objectives.
- Document relevant facts and information to support the work performed and conclusions drawn so other reviewers can follow the auditor’s logic and methodology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of information system and internal control concepts and IT risks; appropriately assess the deficiencies, gaps or other issues identified using the knowledge and formulate recommendations that are appropriate, practical and cost-effective. Effectively communicate audit results and recommendations to lead auditor for evaluation and discussion with business partners.
- Complete work with limited instruction within time budgets, demonstrating effective time management skills and the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members.
- Work with business partners to present and validate potential issues; facilitate the development of appropriate remediation plans/timelines in conjunction with business partners.
- Stay abreast of the current IT environment and industry IT trends relevant to the company’s IT activities, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Provide or assist in providing training, coaching, and guidance to internal audit staff in conducting audits and other audit-related issues.
- Build relationship with business partners and deliver high level of services through positive interactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, finance, accounting or related discipline
- 3-7 years of audit, accounting or related experience
- SOX / HIPAA / HITRUST / SSAE16 audit / controls familiarity
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish credibility with business partners
- Ability to work with different management levels within the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Desire to make a positive impact with the ability to manage tasks within a dynamic environment
- Strategic thinker with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to obtain IT Audit related certification
- IT internal audit experience
- Prior experience in pharma, IT security, or public accounting
- Managed healthcare or pharma industry experience
- CISA, CPA, and/or CIA certification preferred
- Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.
- Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Auto req ID
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=26333&siteid=6331&Areq=115BR →